Intertec TimePro 5.4 now out
Intertec are proud to announce the next release of Intertec TimePro v5.4, packed with new features that are designed to streamline your time sheet tracking and management processes.
Intertec TimePro enhancements are largely based on feedback from our valued customers and reflects our strong commitment to provide you with software that continues to add ‘real’ value to your business.
New Timesheet Authorisation Screen
Administrators and Managers have access to authorise timesheets via a new Authorisation Screen. When you setup a Manager in Intertec TimePro and you link that Manager to a Staff Logon you have the option to allow them to authorise by email and/or the new authorisation screen.
Once the Manager record has been created and assuming you have authorisation enabled then the Authorisation Screen should appear as a new tab alongside the Check Timesheets screen as shown in the screen capture below.
Note: For Managers the new Authorisation Screen will appear for either Project or Staff Managers depending on how you have authorisation configured in Intertec TimePro.
- Administrators and Managers can do bulk approval/rejection of staff timesheets for a given period.
- Quick access to view the staff timesheet plus a link to the standard drill-down function for a detailed listing of time and expense records.
- Administrators can filter based on ‘All Managers’ or a selected Manager. Managers see their pending authorisations only.
- Administrators can filter pending authorisations based on ‘All Projects’ or a selected Project.
- Project Managers can filter pending authorisations for Projects they manage. Staff Managers can view pending authorisations for Staff they manage.
- Administrators can override Managers authorisations when submitting staff timesheets.
- In the Audit tables the system records the Manager who does the actual authorisation via the screen as this may be different to the Manager who is sent the original request to authorise.
- Display a high-level summary table of the hours and costs associated with the pending authorisations.
New Compact Interface
We have completely revamped our compact interface for time entry using smartphones and other mobile devices. The new Compact interface not only looks great with the carry-over of colour schemes from the desktop interface but more importantly Compact offers core functionality for a mobile workforce including time and expense entry as well as the ability to submit timesheets for authorisation.
Compact Interface features include:
- Secure login
- Weekly and daily timesheet view
- Time and expense entry
- Time entry validation
- Timesheet submit
- Start/Stop time recording
- Calendar control
- Maintain active session
- Colour schemes and themes
- Support for most mobile devices running industry standard web browsers
The Compact Interface is also available directly from the desktop interface using the ‘Switch View’ button located in the top far right of the Timesheet View screen as highlighted in the screen capture below.
The ability to switch views from the desktop interface means that users now have the option to choose an alternative compact interface for time tracking. The ability to maintain an active session coupled with start and stop timers makes Compact a useful desktop tool for continuous time entry on multiple projects/tasks.
Reference and Note Fields
To allow the entry and storage of additional information, Reference and Note field are now available on all key entities including Staff, Projects, Tasks, Customers and Suppliers.
Time Entry Start/Stop Timers
Start and stop timer buttons are now available on the time add/edit screen.
If your system is configured to use start and finish times then by clicking the start button the system will automatically insert the current time as the Start Time. Once you have completed your project/task then click the stop button to have the system insert the current time as your Finish Time.
If your system is configured to use entry of hours worked only then by clicking the start button the system will start a timer on the screen inside the Worked Hours field. The timer will continue to tickover every second until you press the stop button. Once you press the stop button the system will insert the time spent in the Worked Hours field.
You can start a new timer on a second project/task which will then automatically stop the previous timer.
Note: Start and stop timers are supported on both the desktop and compact interface.
Manager and Audit reporting enhancements
One of the major benefits of email authorisation has and still is the fact that the manager can simply click on an embedded link in an email to view the staff timesheet and accept/reject the timesheet.
However if a pending authorisation email is subsequently forwarded to another manager to authorise then we don’t have the information required to track the manager who may have approved the timesheet and so the originating manager is captured as the authoriser in this case.
With the introduction of screen based authorisation requiring a login we have enhanced the auditing of the timesheet authorisation process for capturing the manager who did the actual approval. This is especially important as Administrators can now access the Authorisation screen to approve/reject timesheets. We have also added the ability for Managers to override pending authorisations if they need to intervene and submit a staff timesheet.
In addition the auditing function now captures a snapshot of the changes before and after. The audit reports present this information in ‘Last updated’ date order using colour coding to easily identify the event that took place, i.e. Insert, Change (from/to) or Delete.
SSL Secure Login
Intertec TimePro now uses 128-bit extended Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to provide secure communication of your data over the Internet.
Microsoft Active Directory Integration
If your organisation uses Microsoft Active Directory for organizing and managing users on your network, then Intertec TimePro can leverage your MS Active Directory to authenticate and authorise user access to Intertec TimePro deployed on your network.
Integration with the latest MYOB releases
Intertec TimePro v5.4 will integrate with MYOB’s latest suite of AccoutingRight and AccountingEdge products for both the Australian and New Zealand versions of MYOB.
New Versions supported:
- MYOB AccountRight 2012,2013
- MYOB AccountRight Plus 2012,2013
- MYOB AccountRight Standard 2012,2013
- MYOB AccountingEdge 2012,2013
- The Project Timesheet Report now defaults to the date range previously selected for other reports. A check box was also incorrectly labelled ‘Add Task’ on this report. This has been corrected to ‘Add Description’.
- The Staff Admin page text search has been extended to include additional fields such as the Logon ID.
- Fixed an issue with MS IE 10 causing the calendar control on reports to display the wrong century.
- The column previously labelled Authorisor in the Audit Trail Report is now labelled Manager.
- Performance of screens such as the time add/edit, check times and staff time tracking report has been significantly improved for large datasets.
- The Cost Code Summary report displayed the heading ‘Percentage ex GST’. The reference to the tax code has been removed and now reads as ‘Percentage’.
- Intertec TimePro has always suppressed the display of zero hours. In some contexts zero hours are now displayed as 0.00. This is particularly the case on timesheets for week and period totals, and in other contexts it indicates a zero-time entry.
- The View Timesheet screen attempts to compensate for errors in the clock of a remote machine when calculating time-zone offsets which in the past under rare circumstances could result in the wrong day being highlighted as the current day. This has been fixed.
- In the Project multiselector dialog box a dropdown was labelled ‘Status’, and, since it could refer to either Customer or Project status. The dropdown list is now labelled ‘Project Status’ to avoid any ambiguity.
- Admin screens and reports with large result lists would occasionally exceed the size of the Web server’s output buffer. The buffer is now flushed periodically to prevent buffer overflow failures.
- In very rare circumstances the timesheet authorisation emails would include links which did not lead the authorisor to the correct data, and instead said that ‘no data could be found’.
- The release of admin features to view and edit tables sometimes resulted in the edit privilege not being granted, particularly in the case of the ability to edit other users’ time records.
- The code which detects concurrent sessions and allows recovery now automatically cancels the existing session and starts a new one.
- The Project Task Budget report now includes time for which no Task is assigned.
- TimeClock now supports time capture across multiple locations.
- A new configuration option has been added to disable the display of financial values (charge and cost rates) on reports released to Managers.
- Accounting system Integration:
- Exports now offer many more options in the drop downs for deriving values from key tables including Staff, Customers, Suppliers, Projects, Tasks (note options do vary for different accounting systems).
- QuickBooks timesheets export could under very specific circumstances summarise rather than displayed individual time records. This has been fixed.
- The Accounting System Import could fail if some fields were not present in the import file. The function has been made more robust.
- QuickBooks Class now added as a drop down option in the QuickBooks Timesheet and Expenses export screen.